‘Tis the Season for Holiday Family Photos
Before the weather gets too cold and shopping for gifts takes over your free time, make sure and find the time to schedule your family’s holiday photo session! Besides, how often do you get a nice family photo that isn’t taken with a phone & a selfie stick? Probably not that often…
Before booking your family’s holiday photo session:
- Do your research: Compare prices, as well as portfolios – don’t spend an outrageous amount for an inexperienced photographer. However, if you are on a budget, a photographer with less experience who is looking to build up their portfolio may consider working for free or for a low price.
- Location ideas: Some photographers may already have location ideas in mind, but it doesn’t hurt to scout out some spots near where you live and then get the photographer’s opinion on them.
- Have flexible availability: Photographers can become very busy this time of year. It is best to book a session far in advance if possible to secure a day & time. If that isn’t possible, be prepared to have only a few days/times to choose from.
- Plan your outfits: Instead of scrambling around days before the photo session to coordinate your family’s outfits, have some ideas already laid out so that you don’t have to stress about it later.
The day of the shoot:
- Getting ready: Allow your family plenty of time to get ready. The last thing you want is to have kids with tangled hair and no time for mom to do her makeup (Dads, make sure and help with getting the kids ready!)
- Props: Some photographers will bring their own props, but it doesn’t hurt to bring your own too! A nice blanket to sit on and your younger children holding their favorite stuffed animal can really add a nice touch to your photos.
- Patience: Photo shoots, especially ones that include kids, can get a little stressful at times. Wind can mess up your hair, colder weather isn’t fun to be outside in, kids get cranky and uncooperative – so many things can happen! The best thing you can do is to just have fun and not let anything stress you out, otherwise it will show in the photos.
Are you located in or around Wilmington, NC and looking to book a family photo session for the holidays? Contact us for more information and pricing – we would love provide you and your family with beautiful holiday photos!